What We Love?
- Colourful medieval Transylvanian towns of Sighisoara, Sibiu and Bran
- Awe-inspiring mountain drives from the iconic Transfăgărășan to the lesser known TransAlpina
- Dramatic stories from the Communist era in the capital, Bucharest
- Underrated Peles Castle, amongst our most beloved castles in Europe
How Many Days?Romania is a huge country with destinations spread over a wide area. 7 or 8 days is achievable, although 10 will be ideal.
How Much?Starts from SGD 1,900 per person for our most pocket friendly version (self-driving) to SGD 2,900 or more per person for a more premium version
When to Go?
- June, September & October: excellent time since the mountain roads are passable & the weather is pleasant
- July & August: peak European & domestic travel season means huge crowds and potentially heavy traffic in major tourist spots, plus summers can be unbearably hot
- November to May: mountain roads may be closed, but the medieval towns are still partly open if one can bear the frigid cold